ASF Talking Points
Familiarize yourself with the Festival, and lead off your event by sharing some of these talking points on the broader ASF context with your audience.
- In its eighth year, the Atlanta Science Festival is an annual celebration of science and technology featuring 80+ engaging events online and at locations across Metro Atlanta
- The 2021 Atlanta Science Festival will run from March 13-27. Note that owing to the pandemic, there will be no Exploration Expo this year.
- Festival events, which are geared to kids, teens, adults and families, feature a myriad of virtual presentations, hands-on activities, excursions and scavenger hunts to engage audiences with scientific discoveries.
- The Festival is engineered by Science ATL and 50+ community partners with major support from founders Emory University, Georgia Tech, and Metro Atlanta Chamber, and from sponsors UPS, International Paper, Georgia Power, Cox Enterprises, and Mercer University.
- The Atlanta Science Festival envisions a community of scientifically literate citizens and a strong STEM workforce in Atlanta. That vision begins with efforts to engage our youth in STEM/STEAM learning inside and outside the classroom.
- The Festival kicks off with a preview day on March 12 with 100 virtual classroom visits by scientists called Imagining the Future.
- Contests, classroom flyers and resources for teachers are available at our Educator Toolkit.