ASF Talking Points
Familiarize yourself with the Festival, and lead off your event by sharing some of these talking points on the broader ASF context with your audience.
- In its 10th year, the Atlanta Science Festival is an annual celebration of science and technology featuring 150 engaging events at locations across Metro Atlanta.
- The 2023 Atlanta Science Festival is presented by Delta Air Lines and will run from March 10-25, culminating with Atlanta’s biggest science party, The Exploration Expo at Piedmont Park on March 25.
- Festival events, each of which is geared to different audiences (kids, teens, adults and families), feature a myriad of presentations, hands-on activities, excursions, and online content to engage audiences with scientific discoveries.
- The Festival is engineered by Science ATL and 60+ community partners with major support from founders Emory University, Georgia Tech, and Metro Atlanta Chamber, and from sponsors Delta Air Lines, NCR Foundation, UPS, Cox Enterprises, Google, Georgia Power, Mercer University, Lockheed Martin, International Paper, and Lenz.
- The Atlanta Science Festival envisions a community of scientifically literate citizens and a strong STEM workforce in Atlanta. That vision begins with efforts to engage our youth in STEM/STEAM learning inside and outside the classroom.
- The Festival kicks off with Imagining the Future Day on March 9, with 100 classroom visits by scientists and STEM professionals.
- Classroom flyers and resources for teachers are available at our Educator Toolkit.