ASF Talking Points
Familiarize yourself with the Festival, and lead off your event by sharing some of these talking points on the broader ASF context with your audience.
- In its ninth year, the Atlanta Science Festival is an annual celebration of science and technology featuring 100+ engaging events at locations across Metro Atlanta and online.
- The 2022 Atlanta Science Festival will run from March 12-26. The Exploration Expo is back again after having been in quarantine for 2 years!
- Festival events, each of which is geared to different audiences (kids, teens, adults and families), feature a myriad of presentations, hands-on activities, excursions, and online content to engage audiences with scientific discoveries.
- The Festival is engineered by Science ATL and 60+ community partners with major support from founders Emory University, Georgia Tech, and Metro Atlanta Chamber, and from sponsors Delta, NCR Foundation, UPS, International Paper, Lenz, Georgia Power, Cox Enterprises, Mercer University, Microsoft, and Lockheed Martin.
- The Atlanta Science Festival envisions a community of scientifically literate citizens and a strong STEM workforce in Atlanta. That vision begins with efforts to engage our youth in STEM/STEAM learning inside and outside the classroom.
- The Festival kicks off with a preview day on March 10 with 100 classroom visits (in person and virtual) by scientists called Imagining the Future.
- Contests, classroom flyers and resources for teachers are available at our Educator Toolkit.