WHAT TO SEE AND DO
[bold indicates sponsor]
Atlanta Science Festival. #speakup4science
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Ask a CDC Epidemiologist…
Chattahoochee Nature Center. Uncover the Hidden World of a Pond
Clorox Company. We Make Everyday Life Better, Everyday
Dendreon. Immunotherapy: Teaching Cells to Target Cancer
Delta Air Lines.
Emory University – Child Study Center. Do You Know What Your Brain is Thinking?
Emory University. Science.Art.Wonder: A Live Mural
Emory University. Science.Art.Wonder Gallery
Emory University – Association for Women in Science. Wonder Women in Science
Emory University – Center for the Study of Human Health. Your 100 Trillion Best Friends
Emory University – ChEmory. Solid or Liquid? Make Play-dough and Oobleck
Emory University – Department of Chemistry. Distance Matters
Emory University – Department of Chemistry & Decatur Makers. The BIG World of SMALL Containers
Emory University – Emory Vaccine Center. Microbe Attack!
Emory University – Herbarium. Smell the World
Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Investigating Insects
Georgia Natural Gas.
Georgia Power Company. Electricity in Motion
Georgia State University. The Bio-Bus Sampler
Georgia State University – AMSA. Chemistry and Biochemistry Connections
Georgia State University – Chemistry Club. Come and see chemistry with household items!
Georgia State University – Early Childhood Education. Bite Size Science
Georgia State University – Georgia Geographic Alliance. Where would you be without Geography?
Georgia State University – Math and Statistics Club. Adding it All Up!
Georgia State University – Perimeter College Native Plant Botanical Garden. Celebrating Georgia’s Native Plants
Georgia State University – Pre-Pharmacy Professional Society. Look in the Mirror and See Something Different
Georgia State University. Georgia State Smiles
Georgia State University – Synthetic Biology Club. BioBrick: Synthetic Biology in Atlanta
Georgia State University – Early Childhood Education. Making Origami Animals
Georgia Tech – BBUGS. Heart Touching: The Ins and Outs of Love
Georgia Tech – BBUGS. Explosion of Color!
Georgia Tech – BME HealthReach. Science for EveryBody
Georgia Tech – CEISMC. Evaluation of Atlanta Science Festival
Georgia Tech – College of Computing. Happy Compers!
Georgia Tech – EarSketch. Learning Computer Science through Music
Georgia Tech – Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. Earth in 3D
Georgia Tech – Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. Space Race: Aliens v. Human and Bad Designs
Georgia Tech – Laboratory for Synthetic Immunity. Catching Cancer with Paper Probes
Georgia Tech – Robert C. Williams Museum of Papermaking. Papermaking
Georgia Tech – School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. Ocean Discovery Zone
Georgia Tech – School of Physics. Physics Peep Show
Georgia Tech – Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society. Liquid Metal Fidget Spinners
Georgia Tech – Student Polymer Network. Practical Polymers
Georgia Tech Research Institute. Uncommon Exposure: How Digital Cameras Work
Google. Google’s Digital Village
High Touch High Tech, Inc. Get Buggy
HowStuffWorks. Battle Bots
IBM Corporation. Exploring STEM with IBM
IEEE. The Engineer’s Workshop
IEEE. Recharging Power and Potential
Kennesaw State University – College of Science and Mathematics. The Element of Surprise!
Mercer University & Mercer Health Sciences Center. The Mercer Science Workshop
NSF Center for Selective C-H Functionalization. Chemistry With a Conscience
Northrop Grumman Corporation. From the Tiniest Microbes to the Largest Planets
Piedmont Park Conservancy. What’s the Buzz on Bees
UCB, Inc. Inside the Canine Mind
Zoo Atlanta. Pop Up Vet Clinic – Elephant Edition
- ENCOUNTER ZONE, brought to you by Emory University: Smell the world, solve the outbreak, and see what happens through the plug.
- DISCOVER ZONE, brought to you by Mercer University & Mercer Health Sciences Center: Explore the microscopic world, 3D printing, robots and bees.
- INVENT ZONE, brought to you by Georgia Tech: Experience carbon dioxide bubble bombs, drones, brains, and make your own blood jar.
- THRIVE ZONE, brought to you by Georgia State University: Discover the chemistry in your daily life, Gneiss Rocks, Lung Models, and germ science.
- CURIOUS KIDS ZONE, brought to you by the Atlanta Section of IEEE: Turn your little ones into future scientists and engineers with STEM & STEAM activities specifically for ages 3 and up.
- POWER-UP ZONE, brought to you by Georgia Power: Take a break from the science – grab a bite to eat and have a seat at this oasis of tables. Then, put your new energy to good use as you pedal a human-powered generator, form a human circuit, and explore robots and drones.
At precisely 12:00pm, thousands of pink ping-pong balls will launch into the skies, harbingers of the day’s science celebrations. Help us countdown to an explosion of science in front of the Delta Air Lines tent.
- Contribute to our live mural!
- Express your love of science through haiku with Guerilla Sciku!
SPREAD THE WORD
Share the flyer, and follow, like, tweet away with #AtlSciFest.
HOW TO GET THERE
Last year’s event drew over 19,000 people, so it’s going to be crowded and parking will be limited. Please consider MARTA (use Midtown stop, and walk east into the park), taxi, carpool, Beltline, etc. The expo will take place in Piedmont Park near the intersection of 10th Street and Charles Allen Drive. See map.