AT THIS TIME, WE ARE PLANNING AN EXPO AT THE 2022 FESTIVAL!
The Exploration Expo takes place on March 26, 2022 from 10am-4pm as the culminating event of the two-week Atlanta Science Festival. The Piedmont Park event will be a fun filled day of 100 interactive activities and performances that celebrate the excitement of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in Atlanta. This FREE event is open to all, and the primary target audience is families with children aged 8-13, with a special emphasis on those with limited access to science education resources.
Science ATL is closely following the COVID-19 pandemic and will use the science to guide us in our decision making about how to ensure a safe experience for attendees and exhibitors. Please note that this is an ever-changing situation, so at this time, we are not prepared to make any particular calls about safety, but will keep this page updated as we do so.
See below for information about how to submit your proposal to exhibit at the Expo. All Expo exhibits must be designed to engage the public in an interactive, hands-on way with some aspect of science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics. We encourage exhibitors to feature local STEM discoveries, the specific research and innovations coming out of local laboratories, and the science and technology behind Georgia businesses. All content must be family-friendly, safe and appropriate. Science fair or classroom projects by K-12 students are typically not appropriate content. If you are a K-12 student or teacher, please consult with us before submitting an application.
Questions? Contact [email protected].
Most exhibitors should follow the procedure outlined below. Sponsors should also complete the Form, but will not be charged for these items. For Georgia Tech, Georgia State, and Emory University exhibitors: in most cases, your institution will cover your expenses. Contact us if you have questions.
- Submit your Exhibit Proposal Form by January 31, 2022 [deadline extended!]. Non-profit organizations are eligible to receive a 15% early-bird discount if your complete proposal is received by November 30, 2021. Please provide enough information so that we fully understand what you will be doing at your booth.
- Our committee will review your proposal, request additional information if necessary, and return an acceptance decision to you no later than February 4, 2022, along with an invoice for your final exhibit costs.
- You can pay by credit card online, or by mailing a check, by February 18, 2022.
- Exhibit space is not guaranteed until payment is received. Once payment is received we will list you as an exhibitor on our website. Timely payment will also allow us to include you on the printed Expo handout and signage.
- Parking directions, booth assignments, maps, load-in times and procedures will be emailed to you 1-2 weeks prior to the Expo.