ASF Talking Points
Familiarize yourself with the Festival, and lead off your event by sharing some of these talking points on the broader ASF context with your audience.
- In its fifth year, the Atlanta Science Festival is an annual celebration of science and technology featuring 100 engaging events at more than 50 locations across Metro Atlanta
- Expanded to 2 weeks, the 2018 Atlanta Science Festival will run from March 9-24.
- Festival events, which are geared to kids, teens, adults and families, feature a myriad of live, interactive, hands-on activities, presentations and exhibitions to engage audiences with scientific discoveries.
- The grand finale of the Festival is the signature Exploration Expo at Piedmont Park on March 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This is the first year the Expo will be in Piedmont Park.
- Exploration Expo is a free afternoon of continuous family-friendly activities, hands-on experiments, live performances, educator opportunities and explosive visuals from more than 100 partnering exhibitors.
- The Atlanta Science Festival envisions a community of scientifically literate citizens and a strong STEM workforce in Atlanta. That vision begins with efforts to engage our youth in STEM/STEAM learning inside and outside the classroom.
- The Festival awards bus vouchers for Title I schools to take groups to the Expo, and coordinates classroom visits by STEM professionals through our Imagining the Future program.
- Contests, field trip opportunities, educator workshops, classroom flyers and resources for teachers are available at our Educator Toolkit.