The Atlanta Science Festival's K-12 events, competitions, and resources create opportunities to engage students and teachers in celebrating local science and technology. Explore our 2016 event listings (you can filter by audience, topic, location, or search by keyword) for events happening March 19-25, and make plans to attend the Exploration Expo at Centennial Park on March 26. We have great opportunities for professional learning, field trips, and events for families, kids, and adults of all ages at different venues throughout the Festival week. In the meantime, check out our contests and resources:
Professional learning for teachers!
- Connect to STEM careers in Georgia:
Get some great classroom lessons from our partners and sponsors:
- lessons featuring engineering design challenges and key science concepts for end of year review from Metro RESA and Georgia Science Supervisors Association.
- Georgia-Pacific's Education in Nature: lesson plans, brochures, videos and activities on a variety of environmental and nature subjects for grades 2-5
- Georgia Power's Learning Power curriculum for K-12
- Environmental science curriculum and recourses from Captain Planet Foundation
- STEM lessons from IBM's Teachers Try Science
- TEAMS curriculum from College Football Hall of Fame
- resources and links by content area from Georgia Science Teacher Association