October 2016 Newsletter
OCTOBER 2016 NEWSLETTER
Introducing a New Blog Series:
The Awesome Science of Everyday Life!
Every other month we will be collaborating with local organizations and scientists to bring you a behind-the-scenes look at the science behind everyday life. For our first installment, we're learning about the science behind an effervescent amber elixir that is near and dear to many of our hearts...beer!
The Science Behind Beer: Orpheus Brewery & Georgia State University
Have you ever wondered what gives beer its complex, distinct taste? What makes a Budweiser taste different from a locally-brewed IPA? Or a stout taste different from a pale ale? The science behind beer is fascinating and intricate, so we turned to Georgia State University microbiologist Dr. Chris Cornelison and Orpheus Brewery founder Jason Pellett to break it down for us. Learn more about the microbiology behind beer and get a behind the scenes look at Orpheus Brewery here!
Now that you're in the know, get yourself in the do!
- Visit K-12 classrooms with our Imagining the Future program.
- Propose an event idea or apply for an exhibit at the Expo. Event proposals are due tomorrow, exhibit applications on January 9.
- Volunteer to help make #AtlSciFest events even more awesome.
- Tell all your teacher friends to check out our Educator Toolkit.
- Distract yourself from work at AtlantaScienceFestival.org.