Space & Radio Science Lesson Plan Contest
Submit your best lesson plan that integrates space and/or radio science into your classroom. Georgia teachers of grades K-8 are eligible to participate in the contest, prior to the January 18, 2016 deadline.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the Lesson Plan Template, save the file using the appropriate file name format (Lastname_Firstname_School.doc). The lesson plan must be original and written by the submitting author(s). Ideas, photos, and other materials from other sources must be clearly documented and include the proper permissions for use, where appropriate.
Upload your lesson plan via the contest’s online Entry Form. Only one submission per teacher is permitted. To enter the contest, the teacher must:
- have preliminary field trip approval from the appropriate school administrator
- consent to allow his or her name, school name, and photograph to be published by the Atlanta Science Festival.
- consent to allow his or her lesson plan to be modified and published by the Atlanta Science Festival.
- If selected as winner: coordinate entry of students’ questions for selection by Atlanta Science Festival
- If selected as winner: organize transportation for students, and travel with students to the Contact Event on March 8, 2016 (to be reimbursed by Atlanta Science Festival up to $300).
Submissions will be evaluated by a committee of educators and Festival volunteers using this Lesson Plan Rubric. Winners will be notified by January 25, 2016.
- Winning teachers/schools will be reimbursed up to $300 for group travel to the Contact Day event (schools must arrange their own transportation; Atlanta Science Festival will reimburse costs up to $300 per school).
- Winning lesson plans will be published on the Atlanta Science Festival website.
- Each winning teacher or team will solicit, screen, and submit up to ten student questions from their school (one question per student) for review by the Atlanta Science Festival’s ARISS Committee. Selected students will ask their own questions live at the Contact Event. Details about this process will be communicated to the winning teachers in January.